Monday, November 9, 2009

Google Advanced search

I found google advanced search to be very interesting. Until now I was unaware that by putting sit.gov or .edu in front of my search would bring up so many more options for me to search through. I was always use to putting it at the end of my topic. For this challenge I searched lung cancer because I am trying to get my brother and boyfriend to quit smoking. I was able to search sit.nj.gov and find a listing of factors that cause lung cancer and programs that New Jersey is working on and currently providing to bring the awarness of lung cancer more accesible to people. I didn't find much of a difference in searching with edu or org but I was still suprised on how each way organized the topics better to the search method I had typed in. To finish my I would have to say that I find it very useful especially for use in reports on a specific topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment